Monday, November 3, 2008

Seven forms of BPM

I recently found an article by Tom Baeyens that looks at seven forms of business process management. BPM is such a broad term that you need to find a BPM engine that works for your project, and Baeyens sets out seven different types.

Case 1: BPM as a discipline
Case 2: Combining template based and ad hoc task management
Case 3: Transactional asynchronous architectures
Case 4: Service orchestration
Case 5: Visual programming
Case 6: Thread Control Language
Case 7: Easy creation DSLs

Find out more about each individual case here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that when looking for a BPM engine you should look for a suite that is all emcompassing - one that includes all of the 7 forms. Many of the new BPM products are all encompassing but only a few seperate themselves from the pack. A few months ago I was put in charge of finding a new BPM suite for my company, and it was interesting to see what everyone offered. After looking around, I downloaded Interfacing Technologies Free BPM Modeler that runs in Microsoft visio. It is 100% free with no catches and convinced me to look into their enterprise product. Today we have implemented the Enterprise Process Center and find that it fulfills all of our needs. I'd suggest at least taking a look!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading our blog!